I have been thinking a lot lately about how much fun it is to be a mother. Yes there are hard moments but for the most part I am thoroughly enjoying being Kali's mom. We do everything together...I love all of the things that she say's and how inquisitive her mind is right now. Everything is, "Why mom"? What happened? I don't know, I never heard that before. (The other day I was singing a song and she looked at me with a puzzled look at said, "Mom don't know those words, never heard them before) She was implying that I had never sung that song to her before. Kids are so amazing... Here are just a few of the conversations we have had the last little while.
When I am laying on the couch she will come up to me and say..."Mom, tired? I reply no just relaxing...Kali will say, "relaxing", NICE"!! In her ahhhh voice.
She is always asking,"What Happened"?..she wants to know everything about what is going on...
The other day I was at the grocery store and there was a lady standing right by me and I said, "go ahead". So all through the store the rest of the time if anyone was standing by us she would say, "go ahead" in this little polite voice.
Anytime I ask her want she wants to drink if we are going out to dinner she will immediately say, COKE!!
Now that she is potty trained (for a little over a month now) anytime she has to use the bathroom she will say, "Mom/Dad/grandma/tiffy (whoever is around) POTTY, HURRY!! I think this is because when we first started potty training we would say come on HURRY!! So now is is saying the same thing...Funny kid
She loves her cousin Cooper and sometimes she will look right at him as if he understands and say, "Cooper, outside walk, with me"? He will smile at her and then she will want to carry him outside with her. (Thank goodness Cooper is good natured because Kali loves him)
Anytime Kali see 's a boy or girl she doesn't know she will look at me and say, "Mom GUY, GIRL"? Whichever it is...She is really good about know who is who.
She can pretty much say any word that she wants and continues to amaze us on the words that she does know. This is a really fun age.
On the nights that I don't work the next day as I am rocking her to sleep I will say, "Kali, guess what"? She will look at me with those big blue eyes and say, "Mommy home". This means I am staying home the next day and her little eyes just light up. It is so nice to know that you can have so much love for a little girl. She has blessed our lives and the lives of our family tremendously!! We are so thankful she came to our home.



10 comments:
So CUTE!!! I love the little story about shopping and Kali telling everyone to go ahead. Kids, you gotta love them.
What a cutie! Kids make sure there is never a dull moment in life.
I love the high heels so cute!
Isn't it great?! I love this stage too. Lauren's a lover of "happened?" too.
Wait till she sees a male with long hair or a female with short hair... If we're sitting behind one of those, Addy will still sometimes need clarification from me. :) Cute!
what a cute collection of little memories! i can't believe how much she makes us laugh- she's such a sweetheart! We love Kali!
Aren't girls the best!?!! She is such a cutie! It'll be so fun to read through these in a few years from now when you've totally forgetten about them.
She is so cute! I lve all the cute things she is saying these days she is so advanced in her speech! So impressive!
ha...ADORABLE! So as you can tell Grant and I finally have a blog, so check us out! I have to say that your post on making your blog into a book was my main inspiration because I hate to scrapbook but love to be online, and your idea is perfect! So thanks! :) We need to see you guys more.
x Olivia
Your girl is so cute...but it can't always be about her, so I have a funny story for you.
Tommy (Chris's first baptism): So, is gambling a sin?
Carter: Nope
Elder Gilbert: Umm, I'm pretty sure it is
Carter: No it's not
Gilbert: Yeah it is
Carter: No, if you go play the slots every now and then its not a sin, only if you get addicted.
me: (after laughing hysterically) so if I want to do one shot of Taquilla with the girls at the club that's cool as long as I don't get addicted.
Carter: No, The Word of Wisdom is a commandment, gambling is not
Gilbert: Elder, yes it is.
This was settled when i busted out Heber J Grant and his words "the church is unalterably opposed to gambling"
Thats your boy!
Kristan, she is sooooo cute! I loved all those little stories!!! She is really getting so big, I can't believe she is potty trained already. I'm so excited to see you guys in a month or so!!! Check my blog to see Blake's new baby, Davis!! (well, he's not so new anymore...)
Post a Comment