Thursday, April 24, 2008

1 Year Doctor Appoitment

Well it is official Kali is one year old. What a fun year it has been. As I sat back and starting thinking of all of the "things" I have done or thought in a year I compiled this little list:

*Bathed her at least 365 times...(I know I am one of those parents who has bathed Kali every single day since she was born and occasionally twice one those days she just looked dirty)...

* Changed at least 1,825 diaper and approximately 380 poopy ones...(not counting the ones Brian has changed)

* Kissed her at least 18,250 times and that is rounding down!!

* Missed her on at least 5 occasions where we have left her with my parents or Brian's parents, just to spend time with one another....( I love spending quality time with Brian, he is my best friend)

* I cant even count how many times I have said I Love You Kali!!

* Thought multiple times how thankful I am that she has come to our family and to our extended family and how many lives she has blessed.

* Thought to myself, "This is what life is really about"

And of course many more things...But what a fun year we have had....and so much I have learned...I am by far not the perfect mom but I sure enjoy TRYING....

Kali is 22 1/2 pds and 31 inches tall.... (I still can't figure out where she is getting her height from??)

7 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I am so glad that our girls are so close in age so that we kinda go through the same experiences together. She is bigger then Gwyn, but I guess that is not hard when Gwyn is a little person. :)

Celeste said...

That is so sweet. ... accept for all those poopie diapers... but she's worth it right! 22 lbs... I think Ty is up to that and he's half her age! She is such a cute girl.

Debbi said...

Happy birthday to Kali! She is so cute and I love her b-day pictures, I haven't been good at commenting so sorry. I think she is such a cute girl!

Kari Hasebi said...

Happy Birthday Kali!!! Those were cute birthday announcements. By the way your reunion is August 15. go to www.ths98.myevent.com for details.

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Kali is a doll, you have a cute lil' family! I am making my blog private so please go mine and leave me your email address so I can send you an invite. Thanks.

Lindsay said...

i was so sad to miss Kali's birthday. But it looks like it was a great time! I know how you counted baths, but how did you count diaper changes,.. and poopy ones at that?!? you crazy girl. but you inspire me to be a better blogger.. i must tell you that! I miss you all the time. i hope you got your phone thing sorted out and you like your new one. Love ya!

Heather Harper said...

Ashton was 21 lbs. at his 9 month check up! I can't believe that from the time we hung out at my parents in Springville (when she was just 4 months old!), up until now, that Ashton has caught up to her!
She's sooo cute!